(mapping script) 3kingdoms Mapper

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
mgrommet

Re: (mapping script) 3kingdoms Mapper

Post by mgrommet »

I've been pretty busy with work lately so I haven't had much time to dig further into this.
The coordinate version sounds interesting - I'd be happy to test, etc when you're ready.

I'm not quite sure what causes my problem - The mapper just seems to do some strange things from time to time, but I've not really been able to determine a rhyme or a reason. It mostly works...

One thing that might be nice - an easy way to merge rooms... to more easily fix the duplicate room issues.
It is a hassle to delete a room, relink everything, then test all of the exits / entrances.

chris

Post by chris »

I added a few new things today:
1) tmap config has a coordinateMap option which will just assume you are doing everything correctly.
2) some better output messages for room conflicts
3) tmap merge <direction> will merge your currently occupied room to the one in the given direction.

Daagar

Post by Daagar »

I haven't actually tried your latest version, so this may already be implemented:
tmap merge should accept '.' as an option, meaning 'merge all rooms at this location' rather than giving a direction.

chris

Post by chris »

I would call that collapse, but can put it on the to do list.

mgrommet

Post by mgrommet »

I'm finally returning to 3k after a long work induced hiatus... Anyway, I pulled down the latest version of the mapper tonight, and I think I found another bug, this time in the doDelete routine. I've commented out the offending line.

Code: Select all

for i,v in pairs(tmap.roomsToDelete) do
--	if v == tmap.last.id then
	if v == tmap.lastId then
		tmap:echo("<red> Unable to delete the room you are in.")
	else
		tmap:doRoomDelete(i)
	end
end
tmap.roomsToDelete = {}

mgrommet

Post by mgrommet »

Another oddity that I haven't quite been able to place my finger on.

I've been playing around with the mapper... sometimes, when I tell it to find me, it'll claim that it did, BUT, it won't update the mapper to indicate the room I'm actually in, and it doesn't seem to update the last ID because if I use tmap roominfo, it doesn't return the description or exits, etc for the room I'm really in (the one it said it found).

But if I go ahead and use the setroom alias to set the room Id, it does update the mapper, and then roominfo works as expected.

I'll see if I can figure out anything else.

starkj

Post by starkj »

Hi guys, I've hopped on the bandwagon of checking out Mudlet for mapping 3k. I'm using Mudlet 2.1, and the latest version of the 3K mapper from Github. I'm having an issue where whenever I move a room with mapping enabled, the mapper adds the room to the NE of the previous. I end up with a big line of rooms from SW to NE.

I've watched the videos, checked out the wiki and followed the steps in tmap. Any suggestions?

On a side note, when I first installed Mudlet 2.1, that version of the 3k mapper was working great, but then I ran into some room conflicts that I couldn't figure out how to resolve, so I trashed my map, and figured I'd grab the latest version and try again.

I'll switch back to the package version that comes with the install for now.

chris

Post by chris »

Hi, the version that is on github is far superior than the package version. It has quite a few critical bug fixes. What I would do is this:

1) tmap dirclear -- this clears the direction queue
2) tmap findme -- to set your current position
3) try mapping now

If this still doesn't work, give me steps to reproduce the problem/make a screencast and I can help you debug this.

mgrommet

Post by mgrommet »

Hey Chris,

Did my note from 2014-1-15 make sense, regarding the 'findme' behavior? If not, I'll see if I can get you more details. This issue is still giving me problems.

chris

Post by chris »

Can you give me a map and steps where I can reproduce it?