Need Help with Mapper Please

demonnic

Re: Need Help with Mapper Please

Post by demonnic »

hey, things have been hectic for me. I just tried to take a look, but just at 6s in the directions above it tells me the room is too dark (the first time I go south).

What do I need to do/get to eliminate that message so I can finish mapping even up to the point of testing? heh

Trovious

Post by Trovious »

Demonic,

You can get a free starlight from Illi from center of town (login):

3 north, 2 west, 2 north, west, request light

Thanks,
Trov

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Thanks, will log back in in a bit and try again. Sorry for all the delays.

Trovious

Post by Trovious »

Demonnic,

Just checking in to make sure you have everything you need to check into look into this. Anything else I can do to help?

Thanks again,
Trov

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Sorry, just been real busy, had to go to the dentist today for an abscessed tooth. I went just now and it looks like this teleports you around, giving the line

You are engulfed in an ivory mist and find yourself elsewhere!

Does it definitely move you to the direction your put in, or is it forcing movement elsewhere? May need to add that line to map ignore, but also each of these rooms look exactly alike. That being said, I'm testing a trigger which I think may make things a bit easier and will get back to you again soon once I've tested it in other places as well. This trigger does catch the second line of exits at least.

Trovious

Post by Trovious »

Demonnic,

This is no problem at all and a low priority. I am so sorry to hear about your tooth and hope al is well!

Yes, it does actually move you in that direct and does not port you somewhere differemt. It is an actual chessboard 8 X 8. I figured it would be the easiest place for you to test since there is no mobs that will agro you and lots of places wher there are two line exits with some that are one line.

Thank you for all your help!

Trov

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

ok, so you'll want to do "map ignore You are engulfed in an ivory mist and find yourself elsewhere!" so it doesn't think that's the room name. And try disabling the English Exits trigger and importing this one. Should be able to drag and drop it onto Mudlet after you download.
asgardshonorexits.xml
(2 KiB) Downloaded 142 times

Trovious

Post by Trovious »

Thank you!

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

That may not fix every issue you have, and let me know if it goes wonky anywhere else on exits, but in my brief testing that trigger would catch them in a single or double line.

There's also folks on the discord who are better with the generic mapper than I am, if you run into much more it might not be a bad shout to join and ask there. If nothing else they may be faster to help than I've been able to be on this. heh

Trovious

Post by Trovious »

Demonnic, you have been great and your help is much appreciated. Thank you!