Debugging MXP

LezChap

Debugging MXP

Post by LezChap »

I'm having a problem with my mud. When MXP is turned on, things like rooms and the who list disappear from my output. It's like they're never sent from the mud. Even the debugging window shows nothing incoming. However, I can't seem to debug and see MXP tags anywhere, which would help me in helping my mud implementors in debugging and fixing this issue. Is there a way to see the raw MXP Tags that the mud sends to my client?

Vadi

Re: Debugging MXP

Post by Vadi »

Sorry for the late response, I missed this.

Could it be that your MUD is not properly escaping <> tags as it should be? In this case Mudlet will gag all text inbetween <>.

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Debugging MXP

Post by Heiko »

I'll add an MXP debug mode to the next release as there have been numerous MUD admins with similar problems.

Here's some examples of supported MXP (note that Mudlet ignores all MXP that is not related to links as these features are redundant -> ascii/xterm colors, atcp/gmcp etc.)

Achaea

<!ELEMENT RNum ATT="id" FLAG="RoomNum" EMPTY>
<!ELEMENT RName FLAG="RoomName">
<!ELEMENT RDesc FLAG="RoomDesc">
<!ELEMENT RExits FLAG="RoomExit">
<!ELEMENT Prompt FLAG="Prompt">

<RNum 438><RName>Parade of Zarathustra before a statue</RName>.
The stars twinkle in the clear night sky. Casually sending electricity to dance between the fingers
<RExits>You see exits leading <COLOR #0000FF>
<SEND HREF="north">north</SEND></COLOR>, <COLOR #0000FF><SEND HREF="northeast">northeast</SEND></COLOR>, <COLOR #0000FF><SEND HREF="southeast">southeast</SEND></COLOR>, <COLOR #0000FF>
<SEND HREF="south">south</SEND></COLOR>, <COLOR #0000FF><SEND HREF="southwest">southwest</SEND></COLOR>,
and <COLOR #0000FF><SEND HREF="northwest">northwest</SEND></COLOR>.</RExits>
<PROMPT>484h, 393m, 1320e, 1020w ex-</PROMPT>

Avalon

<support><version><username><password>

<!-- Diese Zeile ist ein Kommentar -->
<!-- Dies sind die globalen MXP Definitionen fuer Avalon, nur diese -->
<!-- sind gueltig und sollten verwendet werden. -->
<!-- siehe /sys/mxp.h -->

<!ELEMENT exit '<send &exitdir; hint=&exithint; expire=ROOM>' ATT='exitdir=&text; exithint=&text;'>

<!ELEMENT item '<send &itemcmd; hint=&itemhint; expire=&itemexpire;>' ATT='itemcmd=&text; itemhint=&text; itemexpire=EMPTY'>

<!ELEMENT player '<send &playercmd; hint=&playerhint; expire=&playerexpire;>' ATT='playercmd=&text; playerhint=&text; playerexpire=EMPTY'>

<!ELEMENT living '<send &livingcmd; hint=&livinghint; expire=&livingexpire;>' ATT='livingcmd=&text; livinghint=&text; livingexpire=EMPTY'>

<!ELEMENT buy '<send &buycmd; hint=&buyhint; expire=ROOM>' ATT='buycmd=&text; buyhint=&text;'>

<!ELEMENT game '<send &gamecmd; hint=&gamehint; expire=ROOM>' ATT='gamecmd=&text; gamehint=&text;'>

---------------------------------------
Abenteurermuseum. Es ist Nacht.
Ausgaenge:
<exit exitdir='!Norden' exithint='Schattenweg -> Zentrum|Schattenweg -> Zentrum (!Norden)'>Norden</exit>: Schattenweg -> Zentrum,
<exit exitdir='!Sueden' exithint='Freies Feld|Freies Feld (!Sueden)'>Sueden</exit>: Freies Feld,
<exit exitdir='!Osten' exithint='Grundstueck|Grundstueck (!Osten)'>Osten</exit>: Grundstueck.

Ein <item itemcmd='!betrachte avalon/objekt/bd3abfa35228bee24cfa429a79121986|!nimm avalon/objekt/bd3abfa35228bee24cfa429a79121986|!untersuche avalon/objekt/bd3abfa35228bee24cfa429a79121986' itemhint='Den Fackelhalter verwenden (oder Rechtsklick)|Den Fackelhalter betrachten|Nehmen|Untersuchen' itemexpire='ROOM'>Fackelhalter</item>.

Materia Magica

<!EL RExit FLAG=RoomExit HIDDEN>
<!EL RName FLAG=RoomName HIDDEN>
<!EL RDesc FLAG=RoomDesc HIDDEN>
<!EL ex "<send href='&n;|look &n;|open &n;|close &n;|unlock &n;|lock &n;|pick &n;|bash &n;|disarm &n;' hint='Right mouse click to act on this exit|Move &n;|Look &n;|Open &n;|Close &n;|Unlock &n;|Lock &n;|Pick &n;|Bash &n;|Disarm &n;' expire=ex>" att='n'>
<!EL get "<send href='get "&name;"|examine "&name;"|look in "&name;"|drink "&name;"|use "&name;"|open "&name;"|close "&name;"|enter "&name;"|push "&name;"|pull "&name;"|turn "&name;"|disarm "&name;"|sacrifice #34;&name;"' hint='Right mouse click to act on this item|Get &desc;|Examine &desc;|Look in &desc;|Drink from &desc;|Use &desc;|Open &desc;|Close &desc;|Enter &desc;|Push &desc;|Pull &desc;|Turn &desc;|Disarm &desc;|Sacrifice &desc;' expire=get>" ATT='name desc'>
<!EL drop "<send href='examine "&name;"|look in "&name;"|wear "&name;"|drop "&name;"|open "&name;"|close "&name;"|eat "&name;"|drink "&name;"|empty "&name;"|light "&name;"|extinguish "&name;"|use "&name;"' hint='Right mouse click to act on this item|Examine &desc;|Look inside &desc;|Wear/Hold &desc;|Drop &desc;|Open &desc;|Close &desc;|Eat &desc;|Drink &desc;|Empty &desc;|Light &desc;|Extinguish &desc;|Use &desc;' expire=drop>" ATT='name desc'>
<!EL pers "<send href='examine "&name;"|consider "&name;"|attack "&name;"|mount "&name;"|bash "&name;"|kick "&name;"|backstab "&name;"|feed "&name;"' hint='Right mouse click to act on this creature|Examine &desc;|Consider &desc;|Attack &desc;|Mount &desc;|Bash &desc;|Kick &desc;|Backstab &desc;|Feed on &desc; (Feys)' expire=pers>" ATT='name desc'>
<!EL shop "<send href='shop identify &name;|shop buy &name;|shop buy 5 &name;|shop buy 10 &name;|shop buy 25 &name;' hint='Right mouse click to act on items from this shop|Identify &desc;|Buy &desc;|Buy 5 of &desc;|Buy 10 of &desc;|Buy 25 of &desc;' expire=shop>" ATT='name desc'>
<!EL quest "<send href='quest identify &name;|quest buy &name;|quest buy 5 &name;|quest buy 10 &name;|quest buy 25 &name;' hint='Right mouse click to act on items from this quest shop|Identify &desc;|Buy &desc;|Buy 5 of &desc;|Buy 10 of &desc;|Buy 25 of &desc;' expire=quest>" ATT='name desc'><!EL help "<send href='help &desc;' hint='Click for help on &desc;' expire=help>" ATT='desc'><!EL bid "<send href='auction bid ' hint='Prompt for a bid on &desc;' prompt>" ATT='desc'><!EL sHp FLAG="Set Hp">
<!EL sSt FLAG="Set St">
<!EL sSp FLAG="Set Sp">

[note: the following is transmitted in MXP locked mode i.e. there is no MXP tag interpretation.]

Shrine of St. Wisehart - - -
(-------------------------------------------------) W <---(M)-D-> -
- - -
[note: end of MXP locked mode]

This is the shrine of St. Wisehart, a beautifully-crafted structure made
of cherry wood. The wood has been polished to a glossy sheen. There is a
small altar here covered with carvings of the mythical pegakorn. A monk
tends this shrine and offers services of healing to anyone who is needful.
Type SHOP LIST to see the list of services that Brother Rufus has to offer
you.
<get name="a set of lockpicks" desc="a set of lockpicks (new)">A set of shiny lockpicks has
been left here by some dishonest person.</get>
<get name="a music text" desc="a music text (new)">A roughly-worn brown book has been left to
weather here.</get>
<get name="a map of the Valley of Lasler" desc="a map of the Valley of Lasler">A colorful map
has been unfolded here.</get>
<get name="a map of Lasler" desc="a map of Lasler (new)">A map of the caverns and the village
of Lasler has been left here.</get>
<get name="a novice guide" desc="a novice guide (new)">A guide for novice adventurers has been
left here. (Type 'look guide')</get>
<get name="a leather water skin" desc="a leather water skin (new)">There is a water skin lying
on the ground here.</get>
( 3) <get name="a loaf of bread" desc="a loaf of bread (fresh)">There is a loaf of bread here.
</get>
[Shop] <pers name="Brother Rufus" desc="Brother Rufus">Brother Rufus is here, eating a big red
strawberry.
</pers>[Clan 7] <pers name="Bigboi" desc="Bigboi">Bigboi</pers> the Adventurer is here.

[SAFE]<<V Hp>20</V>hp <V Sp>100</V>sp <V St>1</V>st>